Introduction to Alevel media

1) Why did you chose Alevel Media Studies?

I chose Alevel Media Studies because I did the subject at GCSE and really enjoyed it, everything from the exams , the content, the discussions and the film work. All of the struggle fueled my intentions to do well and I plan to do even better at Alevel.

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies?

I took GCSE Media Studies at Greenford.

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you acheive in GCSE Media/ What coursework did you complete? What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

I achieved a grade 6 in GCSE Media, my coursework was to record a sneak peak or snipit of  my own fantasy show. I think my strengths in GCSE Media were that I was great at writing with my script and the exams but executing and editing my own bit of a show was difficult and put up quite a challenge.

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in Alevel media?

I hope to achive a grade 7 or 8 in Alevel Media.

5) What are you current thoughts about your next steps after your A levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

Once I finish my Alevels I plan to do an apprenticeship at a studio , magazine or newspaper to pursue my dreams of being a Journalist.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2024 has been and why?

 US elections as the main candidates are Kamala harris and Donald trump. I think this is the biggest media story of 2024 because it has opened my eyes to the fact that many American citizens seem to not know that there are more than two parties they can vote for. many of them don't want to pick either na dhave decided to not vote or say they don't vote at all. yet they sit there and constantly complain about their government when some individuals don't even vote!

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I use Tik Tok and BBC news to find out about new and current affairs.

8) What was the last film you watched?

The last film I watched was Wolf of Wallstreet- a film about the events of the Wallstreet crash of October 1929. It is based on a true story following a man named Jordan Belfort, from his rise to a wealthy stockbroker to his demise due to crime and corruption.

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

My favourite TV series is a k-drama( Korean drama) called DP. It follows the life of a young  South Korean man who gets admitted into his national military service who soon becomes a Desert Pursuit soldier( DP), someone who catches and retrieves runaway soldiers. The show breaks down the dynamics and hierarchy within the South Korean military , showing us the physical and mental abuse that all of the soldiers go through from their bosses and peers. Each episode follows each individual deserter giving us their backgrounds before they went into the military and their time during service therefore giving the audience an insight into why they left the military. The show is beautiful, cinematically , writing wise and the actors give their all into their performances - making it extremely realistic. The topics and stories each of the soldiers portray a real in a sense, as people have gone through such things within the South Korean Military. the show is truly a blast towards their government about the mandatory Military service and the treatment of Korean citizen when they carry out their service.

10) How many hours do you spend online in average day? Is this too little, too much or just about right? Why?

I spend an average of 4hrs and 6mins online a day, this statistic is from last week. Which I'd say is just about right considering I had school last week as well as homework when i got home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Media Consumption

Semiotics